Monday, May 15, 2006

Birthday/Mother's Day Weekend Review

My Birthday and Mother's Day weekend was great.  The kids "made" me some birthday cards which I got first thing Saturday morning.  Kent made me breakfast (pancakes) and then later in the day he took me shopping.  Now this is a big deal since any other time we go shopping I get to see eye rolls and hear sighs all through the store.  Or he will prop on some clothes rack and just look at me.  But he didn't complain not one time.  We had an early supper at a place called the "Tavern".  It was really nice.  The lights were turned down real low and you just had a little lamp on your table.  Really romantic like.

Sunday Kent and the babies gave me some Mother's Day cards.  Kent cooked breakfast again.  We then went to church.  Zoey was dedicated yesterday as well.  After church we went and ate lunch at Kent's Granny's house.  Then we went back to church that evening.

As for today, it's back to the same ole same ole.  Cleaning, washing, cooking, etc.  But it was nice to have a whole weekend off.  I enjoyed it greatly.  Now next year my birthday will actually be on Mother's Day.  But maybe I will still get the whole weekend.  LOL.

Well, I need to get going.  Zoey is napping and the boys are outside doing guy stuff.  So I am going to enjoy the peace and quiet.  Later all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be nice not to hear sighs and see eyes roll.  To have a meal cooked for you is a rare treat.  The sweet babies I am sure made you the most wonderful cards.  You are such a blessed little girl.

Anonymous said...

My birthday is the 10th, and I was born on Mother's day!  I love May... it's a great month for a birthday!  Happy Birthday to you!
~Erin