Thursday, November 29, 2007

22 week Doctor's appointment

I had my 22 week OB appt today.  It was fairly uneventful.  I got on the scale and the nurse said, "I see you enjoyed Thanksgiving!".  LOL.  I gained 5 pounds so I am up to 11-13 pounds so far this pregnancy.  My urine was fine, blood pressure was fine.  The doctor came in and we listened to Nathan's heartbeat.  It was beating 153 bpm.  He asked me if I had any questions and I asked what would they do if Nathan was still breech close to the time of delivery.  The doctor said around 35 weeks they will check to see if he is head down if he's not they will give him to 36-38 weeks to get head down and if he isn't they will confirm he is breech by doing an ultrasound and then if he is indeed breech they will admit me into the hospital and give me a mild epi and manually turn him into the head down position.  So I said that to say this.. "Nathan move to head down on your own.  Mommy REALLY doesn't want to go through all of that."  Let's see if he will listen!  My next appointment is the 27th of December where I have to get my glucose testing done for gestational diabetes.  So that was my appointment update! =)

No comments: