Monday, November 5, 2007

Just our happenings

This weekend we stayed pretty busy.  Friday evening we all went over to my parents' house to eat supper with them, my brother, sister-in-law and nephew.  We ate, talked, etc.  Saturday morning Kent and I took the kids to the "Imagination Hour" at the library.  What it consists of is singing a couple of songs, reading and then doing some sort of craft or game.  It was supposed to last an hour but we were done and leaving within 30 minutes.  It wasn't as good as the last time we went, but the kids still got a kick out of it.  I guess in the end that is all that matters.  Anyway, that afternoon Kent and I went looking for a new 'used' car to trade our current car in for.  Our current car only fits 4 people and we need a car that will fit at least 5 since our little boy (who still is nameless) will need a place to sit once he comes.  So we found a car on the internet that was being sold at the dealership we bought our car from.  We head up there to look at it and talk prices, etc.  Well, we get to the talking prices part and the guy gave us a figure.  Kent told him no, that our car was worth more than that as a trade in and we weren't going to finance that much money.  We didn't want to finance any more money than we already owed.  Which for any normal person (not a sales man obviously) that would make sense.  So the salesman went back to talk to his manager and came back and offered us a $1,000 more for our car.  Which still wasn't enough.  By this time the sales guy was pretty ticked that he didn't make the easy sale he thought he would.  And he was telling us we were being unreasonable, etc.  Kent handled it very well.. while me and my raging hormones were ticked.  When the guy got back up to talk some more to his manager I told Kent in a loud voice (the whole place is opened to where you can see and hear everyone else) "that just because we didn't want THAT car anymore didn't mean we wouldn't come back to look at another one but the way that guy was acting made me not want to buy ANYTHING from that dealership ever again!"  I think at this point Kent was getting a kick out of it and it didn't faze him a bit.  We got up and got our keys and left.  The salesman was none too pleased.  I think once we walked in and he saw how 'young' we looked he thought to himself, "Easy sale."  But we have until April to try and find another car.  We are in no hurry and we want to find the best deal possible.  So as of today we are still a 4 car seat family and we'll take our time looking for something else.  Anyway, Saturday night we grilled out and ate supper at home.  Then we watched some football and let the kids stay up a little bit later than usual because of the time change.  Which we were glad we did..  Because Sunday the kids were up before 6am.  Had we not let them stay up a bit later, they would have probably been up before 5am.  When we got up Jon Kent was coughing pretty badly.  He just didn't act like he felt good and he just laid in our bed watching TV.  So we gave him a breathing treatment and his cough settled down.  Zoey and I went ahead and went to Sunday School since I had a class to teach (I teach 1st-3rd graders).  After Sunday School we came home and the kids went down for a nap.  Then we got up and went over to Kent's grandmother's house to eat lunch and since everyone in the immediate family was there, we drew names for Christmas (instead of buying everyone gifts we just draw a man and woman's name and then buy for all the kids, which there are only 2 other kids besides my own).  Then we came home and rested for the rest of the evening.  This morning we all got up, had breakfast and the kids played while I started laundry.  I called the doctor to get Jon Kent an appointment for 2pm because he is still coughing and wheezing a bit.  Then we did "school work" and the kids also did a craft project, which you can see in the pictures.  Now they are both asleep and I am finishing up the clothes and will soon be getting myself ready to head to the doctor.  Once the kids are awake it will be a mad dash to get lunch cooked, kids clothed and us on the road to the doctor.  I'll update yall on the results when I get the chance.  So until then.. have a good day!

Update:  Jon Kent has a sinus infection.  He is on antibiotics for 10 days.  So hopefully it will knock the cough out and we will have a healthy little boy again!

1 comment:

candysue72 said...

Andrew Charles    William Andrew  Asa Charles