Monday, January 14, 2008

Singing the No Water Blues

OK, this afternoon I'm washing my final load of clothes for the day and all of a sudden my water just cuts off.  Turns out a water main busted and they had to shut the water off.  It was off the rest of the afternoon and early evening.  So it finally gets turned back on but there is all sorts of air in our pipes and since we live on a hill we have to have a pump to pump the water up the hill... and our pump was also full of air.  So then Kent and Barry (my father-in-law) have to go under the house and prime the pump (manually pour water into it until all the air is out).  So after all that is done I figured I would finally get that last load washed... nope.  The pump just keeps running (which we don't want it to do because if it runs for too, too long it will burn the motor out).  And since everybody whose water was out is now currently using their water to do whatever we have little to no pressure which is why our pump keeps running.  @@  I hate having to have a stupid pump.. if my town's cheap water department would just put some in line pumps into the pipes on the street we wouldn't have this problem.. but noooooo... and it's not like we are the only people who would benefit from it.. there are at least 4 or 5 more houses they have to use pumps too in our neighborhood @@  Oh have I mentioned I haven't had a shower today???  I feel oh so lovely...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Move to the city.