Saturday, January 19, 2008

Snow Day!

Today was a snow day here in Alabama.  We locally got about 2 inches of snow.  When we woke up this morning there was not a flake to be seen.  I was pretty disappointed because Jon Kent had gotten all excited about it (because of my big mouth talking about it).  We even went to Wal-Mart to get him and Zoey some gloves, so they both knew that snow was supposed to be coming.  Anyway, around 9am or so it finally started to snow.  The kids were so excited, but I still held little hope that it would actually stick and they would get to play in it.  But the more time that went by the more excited we all got.  We finished breakfast (which Kent cooked, by the way, and it was very good!) and got ALL our clothes on.  It took us about 30 minutes to get everyone dressed.  I don't know how people up north do it all the time.  Anyway, we went outside and the kids finally got to play in snow.  It's the first time it's snowed a measurable amount around here in probably 6 or so years.  It was actually Kent and my first snow together as a married couple (cue the cheesy music).  So the kids played and we got a lot of pictures, which you can see.  All was going well until they both got REALLY cold and Zoey started screaming, "I scared, I scared.  I can't feel Zoey's hands!!!".  We had only been out about 30 minutes but that was enough to let the chill move through their gloves and make their hands really cold.  So we went to Kent's parents' house and let the kids thaw out.  Then we came home and they each took a nice long nap.  Once Jon Kent woke up I asked him if he liked the snow and he told me yes.  I asked him if he wanted to go back out and play in it and he said no.  LOL  So I guess he had enough of the cold stuff.  Zoey didn't want to go back out and play either.  We went back to Kent's parents' house to eat lunch and just sat around and watched a movie.  Now we are home and my parents are coming over to eat supper.  It's been quite a day and I've enjoyed all of it!

No comments: