Monday, February 21, 2005

Another first

Jon Kent spent the night with my parents last night!  Sniff, sniff.  It was kind of a last minute thing.  Kent wasn't feeling good (stomach bug or something) and I was completely exhausted from the lack of sleep that I had had in the past fews days.  My parents were both off today for President's Day so it just kind of all worked out.  We took him over there at 7pm.  My parents said that he did pretty good.  He slept pretty good for them too...figures.  Anyway, I missed him like crazy.  But if I am to be completely honest...it was nice to take a break and be a wife to my husband again.  Instead of just a mother to his child.  Know what I mean??  Anyway, Kent and I enjoyed staying up late watching the O.C first season.  And we took a trip to Wal-Mart to get some things.  Then we slept in late and just laid around all day.  We went out to lunch and then came home and read.  It was really nice!!!  But as I said earlier, I missed Jon Kent like crazy.  By the time we got to my parent's house to pick him up, my heart was aching for him.  I just love him soooo much!!  Anyway, once we got him home it was the same routine.  Bath at 8pm and he was out by 8:30pm.  He is still asleep now.  So sweet!!

In other news, Kent bought me the DVD "The Notebook" for Valentine's Day.  It was an awesome movie.  I think it is now my all time favorite movie!!  Anyway, I got the book to read as well.  It is WONDERFUL.  You have to get the book.  It was soooo good and it doesn't end like the movie did.  I also got another book by the same author (Nicholas Sparks).  It's called "The Wedding".  It is also a really good book.  I am like 10 pages from finishing it.  Both are GREAT reads!!!

Well, I'm off.  It's been a good but long day.  Yall have a good one!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your journal often, and just want to say you are going to love the ending to "The Wedding".

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know what you mean....the first time my girls slept away from home I was torn between missing them and enjoying the time with hubby. I'm glad that you guys had an opportunity to go out and have some fun together as a couple! I know that ache you are talking about as well.....I'll bet Jon Kent had a great time with grandma and grandpa! I read "The Notebook" and it was a great book. I need to see the movie. My mom is raving about "The Wedding", so I suppose I'll have to read that one too! LOL. Have a great one! ;o)

Anonymous said...

I agree..The Notebook was awesome!!

~Dana

Anonymous said...

I went over to your mother's to see Jon Kent and i just want to add...he looks just like his uncle Jon Paul....Can't wait until he gets the curly hair...LOL...Jon Paul has a "mini-me".....

Love,

Aunt Karen Kay