Tuesday, February 8, 2005

Stuffy Boy

My poor baby boy is all stuffed up.  Well...one side of his nose is anyways.  It doesn't really seem to be bothering him, but it bothers me!  I hate to hear him *trying* to breathe.  It's so sad.  His teething seems to be going fine though.  We are still giving him the teething tablets and they seem to be doing him good.  So why mess with a good thing???  My only question is this, do I start brushing it when it fully comes in??  Or do I rub my finger over it with a special toothpaste made for babies?  When do I start taking him to the dentist??  OK, maybe that was more than one question...but I am a new mom and I have no idea what to do.  I guess it's just a live and learn kind of thing, right!?!?  I guess I could *Goggle* it and see what information comes up.  In other news, Jon Kent seems to really be liking his cereal or *Captian Crunch*...lol.  That's what Kent and I call it.  Yeah, we're nerds...  It really seems to keep him full longer.  He can go 4 hours without really wanting something.  And even then I am the one usually trying to feed him another bottle.  He may could go longer.  He is sleeping pretty good too.  Six and a half hours last night before waking up.  And then another 3 hours after that.  He also took a 2 hour nap today as well.  Which RARELY EVER happens.  So all and all his sleep habits are going well.  I believe that's all I have in Jon Kent news...

Kent and I worked out again today.  As always it was fun for me.  I just enjoy being active.  Always have.  I hate just sitting around doing nothing.  If I'm not cleaning or washing or whatever I can't stand myself.  I have to do something *productive* everyday or else I feel lazy or useless.  Call me crazy.  Anywho, back on subject, we worked out for about an hour.  I walked 1.3 miles and burned 111 calories.  I also did some weight lifting and some ab workouts.  It was a good work out if I do say so myself.  Today I also cleaned.  I *Power Cleaned*.  Here is how it works:  On days that I don't do my full clean everything in site clean I try and "power clean".  I give myself 15 minutes for all the *big* rooms in my house and 10 minutes for all the *smaller* rooms in my house.  It gives me just enough time to dust and vacuum and straighten everything up.  Plus, it makes me stay busy.  Because I am going against the clock so I can't sit down.  Kent calls it *crazy cleaning*.  But he'll get over it.  Like I said earlier...I know I am a nerd.  Live with it.

Well, that is all from the home front.  I have about 3 more loads of laundry to do, so I better get to it.  Yall have a great Tuesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a suggestion for you and this works with my godson.  A trick we used with Austin when he had a cold was putting a pillow under the padding on the crib.  (Not directly under his head.)  You want it to be enough to give him an incline but not enough to give him a crick in his neck.) As far as the tooth thing goes we waited for Austin to get his teeth down all the way before we started brushing.  There's a toothpaste made by Gerber for babies at Walmart.  You can pick some up and have it in the house.  It does work and you can keep using it for a long time.  The stuffy nose,a possible runny nose and even earaches are possible with the teething because it's all interconnected.  The dentist thing I would suggest waiting till he gets most of his teeth before taking him in.  (You can get a reccomendation from his pedatrician for that.)  Anyway,hope this helps you out and don't feel bad asking question because kids don't come with instructional infomration.  It's trial and error,my dear.  Anyway,hope the little guy's doing well. He's adorable! -Dawn-