Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Blame Game

You know, it's quite easy to blame someone else for your own doings.  Whether they are right or wrong isn't the point.  Although it's much, much easier when you are wrong.  I'm finding in my own life and my own circle of people that the blame game goes on pretty often.  It's not something we always realize we are doing.  Sometimes we just think we are protecting a loved one or a close friend.  But really we are hurting them more than we are helping.  I know I've done it.  More times than I am probably comfortable telling.  For example, one of the kids falls and hurts their head.  I run over and make sure they are OK.  And the second I realize they are, I turn to Kent and say, "Why weren't you watching them?"  When I know good and well it was a simple accident that happens and I too was in the room, so I too should have been more careful in watching them.  But I still chose to blame Kent.  The blame game.  I guess my point in all of this is, to be careful when trying to pass the blame onto someone else.  It's easy to point fingers but as the old saying goes, "You may be pointing your finger at someone else but you have three more pointing back at you."

*~*~*~*~*

My parents bought the kids their Halloween costumes.  Jon Kent is "Thomas the Tank Engine" and Zoey is "Elmo".  We tried their costumes on last night at my parents' house and they both loved them.  Zoey was kind of scared of her's at first, but once she realized that Elmo wasn't going to hurt her, she was good to go.  This morning after they both got up for the morning Jon Kent and Zoey both wanted to put their costumes on.  So I let them.  Might as well get the money's worth out of them.  They wore them around for at least 30 minutes or more.  Just running around and playing.  They are going to be a cute pair come trick-or-treat time!

Right before the kids took their naps, I decided I was going to do a quick vacuum throughoutthe house.  Jon Kent told me he was going to sit in his chair in his room and listen to the birds.  I had the windows up and there was a nice cool breeze blowing through.  He told me he was tired and was just going to rest.  So I go off to vacuum while he rested and while Zoey was playing in her room.  By the time I got back to his room (which was probably 10 minutes later) he was knocked out!  He had fallen asleep in his chair.  It was such a sweet sight.  I hated to wake him up to put him in his bed for nap time.  I took a couple of pictures from this morning and from Jon Kent's "resting".  I hope yall enjoy them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wha????????????!!!!!!!!!!