Monday, April 21, 2008

2 weeks old

Happy 2 weeks to my sweet, little Nathan.  It seems like the last 2 weeks have crawled by, but I know soon enough time will start flying again.  So, I'm trying to enjoy these moments of babyhood while I still have them.

Kent took the kids fishing this morning.  He said they wore him out.  Hehee! ;-)  But the kids seemed to have had fun.  Kent said both kids loved playing with the worms (gag) and Jon Kent liked holding, touching the fish.  They (Kent and his grandfather) caught 4 fish total.  The kids caught nothing, but enjoyed throwing all the worms in the water, throwing rocks and sticks in the water and slapping the water with their fishing rods.  LOL.  Meanwhile, Nathan and I stayed home and I washed clothes, cleaned up and feed/held Nathan all morning.

Thursday Kent goes back to work.  =(  I'm a bit anxious.  OK, so I'm a lot anxious.  I know I can do it but knowing and doing are two totally different things.  I'm hoping things go over smoothly and I'm able to get everything done and still give each child the attention s/he needs.  LOL, pray for me.  ;-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about getting "everything done", in time you'll be able to accomplish the tasks that need to be done, the best advice I ever got when I had my first daughter 10 yrs ago was " just sit and enjoy your baby for the first few weeks the laundry will still be there tomorrow". With each baby that God's blessed us with, I've seen more and more just how important that is! Time goes by so quickly and in a flash you're celebrating their 1st birthday and you wonder where time went. You'll do fine when Kent returns to work! Sending my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Zoey was so cute over at her Gramsy and Poohbah's Saturday...she told me all about Nathan and told me "You can come and see him Aunt Karen Kay (I love to hear her say my name) my mommy will let you hold him". She is so precious and reminds me a lot of you at that age......

Love,

Aunt KK

Anonymous said...

hi; found your journal through a comment you left in Taking Heart's journal; your baby is so cute!! I have a very dear friend who married at 19 and had her third child this past November (all boys); she'll be 25 in June; she worried about her husband going back to work after the third one was born, she had her stressful moments, but she got through them by the grace of God and now at 6 months it is getting less stressful; just do like Christy suggested, enjoy your kids, they will grow so quickly before you even know it (my youngest is 19)

I'll be back; I look forward about reading more about your family

betty

Anonymous said...

My hubby took off work too but I only had one little one.  I was anxious too since it has been so LONG since I had a baby!  lol  I didn't want him to go back.  Good luck with the little ones...I know everything is going to be fine.  How is Nathan doing with the vomiting issue?  

Anonymous said...

There must be something in the genetic makeup that causes big sisters to annoy their little brothers ;)  I did it to my brother, my daughter does it to her brother ;)

Just enjoy the time and take it easy.  These first few months fly by and I sure can't remember what housework I did ;)  You'll get your routine down soon enough and it'll be smooth sailing most of the time.

My Pey loves playing with the nightcrawlers and fish too...the first time she baited her hook I almost lost it!

Have a great week~
~Bernadette