Friday, April 18, 2008

Update on Nathan

Nathan is doing somewhat better.  He has only spit up twice all day.  And those weren't large amounts like he was doing.  So, we'll see if it continues to improve.  I'm hoping it does.  I forgot to add that yesterday when we went to the doctor they weighed Nathan he weighed 8lbs, 12ozs.  That is a 7oz weigh gain since last Friday, so 6 days.  So while he was throwing up, apparently he was still able to keep enough down to continue to gain weight.  Which was great to know.

Nathan is currently sleeping in his infant carrier (backpack kind).  We went outside and walked around and I hated to take him out once we got inside.  So here I sit with him still in his backpack snoozing away.  I told Kent he probably thinks he's back in the womb. 

I was worried a lot during my pregnancy that Nathan wouldn't fit into our family.  I mean we didn't really plan on having 3 kids when we started talking about having a family.  When Zoey was born I was pretty sure we were through, but after about a year or so I started rethinking that and then Nathan happened.  But now that he is here it's still weird to realize that we have 3 kids but he just seems to fit.  I know as he grows and gets more active that it will seem like even more a perfect fit.  I can't wait to see how all 3 of the kids interact together.  Jon Kent will have a little brother to teach things to and Zoey will have an older and younger brother to always be by her side.  Our family is complete.  Which is a good thing since Kent scheduled his vasectomy.. =X

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Nathan is doing better!  And I think you're right, the more kids you have, the more they seamlessly blend in.  

Anonymous said...

Well now you don't have to worry :)  Its great that Kent is going to do this...there are so many risks involved  for women to have to go through that surgery!  And much longer recovery time too!   I'm still trying to talk my hubby into doing it lol.  

SO glad to hear Nathan is doing a little better!  Hope he continues to do so...thanks for leaving the nice comments in my journal too :)   I know your very busy so if If I don't see comments from you I'm not going to worry ;) Having three kids that young can't be easy!  I enjoy reading about it tho.  I told my niece to come check your journal out.  She has a journal (on my side bar (Heather))  but she doesn't have time to write in it though lol.  She has three little ones 3,2 and 11 months and she hadn't planned on any of them lol BUT they love them dearly although sometimes she really goes through some stressful depressing times that she has to climb over.  She went from being totally free...full time manager job that she loved...to three kids in 4 years and a part time job (not in management)   I think she would love your journal...I hope she comes over to read.  

Anonymous said...

I had to come comment about the pictures...I looked at them after I read and commented lol.  They are just adorable!  And my fav one is on him all cuddled down in his pack!  Oh TOTALLY Adorable!!!   I bet he gets tons of kisses!  

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Nathan is doing better :)  he's just adorable.

lol.  I thought for sure that one was enough, then when I got pregnant with Eli we thought 2 would definitely be it.  Then once he came along we couldn't go through with 'getting fixed'.  but if there is a number 3, there's also going to be a vasectomy ;)  ....my bf's husband had it done after their twins and HE said that it was really okay, he even told Chris that it wasn't AT ALL as bad as he thought it would be.

y'all take good care~
~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

I am so glad he is doing better. He is sooo cute, looking at him makes me want another little baby. I am glad the transition from a family of 4 to a family of 5 is going smoothly.