Thursday, April 24, 2008

Made it- whew!

Well, the day went smoothly.  I got up around 6am to get a head start on everyone else.  That plan quickly fell through, because Nathan woke up as soon as I was getting in the shower.  Which woke both Jon Kent and Zoey up.  But I still managed to get showered and dressed before Nathan had a complete meltdown.  Jon Kent and myself had hair cuts today and I managed to get everyone ready for that.  Jon Kent and Zoey grabbed a ride with my mother-in-law (her appointment was for the same time, as we go to the same stylist) and Nathan and I were going to come later.  But she ended up calling from the salon and told me that they were behind schedule and to come at like 10:15am.  So she and Jon Kent got their hair cut and then came home and she kept all the kids for me while I went and got mine cut.  Once I got home we played outside for a little bit then came in and had lunch.  Then everyone, including me (BONUS) all got a nap in!  After everyone woke up we watched TV while I fed Nathan.  Before I got through though Kent came home from work.  So it wasn't a full day of having the kids all alone but it's a start.  And thankfully it went smoothly.  Nathan had a meltdown right about the time Kent got home from work  (good timing, huh? ;-)) but he soon settled down and has been swinging ever since.  Tonight we are going to my parents' for "family night".  I'm looking forward to it.  I look forward to anything to get me out of the house and to keep me distracted for a few hours.  So all in all the first day went well.  No major blow ups or meltdowns and I didn't lock myself in the bathroom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you did great for the first day!! I'm sure you'll have up and down days, but you'll get into a routine

betty

Anonymous said...

:)  glad to hear that you didn't end up locked in the bathroom.

Eli still stirs when Daddy comes home from work...unfortunately for me, Daddy gets home about 2:30am.  

Yay for good days :)  
have a good one~
~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

Oh that's great!  Your MIL sounds like mine...so helpful!   We also go to the same stylist lol.  Anyway...sure glad that you day went pretty smoothly and that you got a few minutes to get away from ALL the kids and relax for a hair cut.  Bet you LOVED it!