Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Nathan's 2 week check-up

It was actually yesterday that he had his appointment, but yesterday was just an all around bad day so I didn't have time to update.  Anyway, Nathan is now weighing in at 9lbs, 8oz and is 21 inches long.  That is up from his birth weight and height at 8lbs, 3oz and 20.5 inches long.  His reflux was bad yesterday, as he spit/threw up 80% of the time.  Which made for a stressful day since we were on the road for most of it.  His doctor said that we would have our good and bad days with the reflux and any day that is spent mostly crying (like yesterday) will probably be our cue for a bad day.  Since when he cries he takes in a lot of air.  She said that his chances of having the pyloric thing (don't remember how to spell the last part of that.. lol) were fairly low at this point since he has had several good days of keeping his food down.  So that's good.  We go back in 2ish weeks for his 1 month check-up.  Yesterday we also took the kids to Chuckie Cheese.  They ran around and played and had a good time.  I think we stayed for close to two hours.

Today we took the kids to the park for some play time and then had a lunch there as well.  They had a good time playing and Nathan must love the outdoors because he slept for most of it very contently (without being held.. woohoo).  He is sleeping as I type now on the couch.  Today was also Kent's last day home with us.  <Takes a deep breath>  Tomorrow I'm on my own.  Like I said earlier in a previous post I'm anxious about it and how we will all adjust and how things will get done, etc.  BUT also in the back of my mind... VERY back of my mind, I'm looking forward to it.  To just get it behind me and all.  To know that the first step is always the hardest so I just want to go ahead and get it out of the way.  If that makes any sense at all.. lol

I took some pictures yesterday of Nathan in the bath, so enjoy those.  I'll talk with yall later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww Poor baby!  And POOR YOU TOO!  That would be stressful and you can't even bond with him like you would want to.   It's sad when a parent and baby has to go through this and be stressed our rather then enjoying your time together :(  I hope it gets better for the both of you very soon!!  My thought are with you Emily.  

Anonymous said...

Aww :(  I hope Nathan's tummy settles down soon.  That has to be really tough on both of you.  Glad that he's gaining weight well...that's a positive :)

I remember that anxiety when Chris went back to work.  You'll be just fine after you get into your routine :)  LOL, nowadays it always seems easier on me when Chris goes to work because then I can work my system without interference ;)

Have a good one~
~Bernadette