Sunday, April 6, 2008

40 weeks, 4 days

I'm 40 weeks and 4 days pregnant.  Tomorrow is "eviction" day for Nathan.  I'm hoping all goes smoothly and we have a good labor and birth.  I'm anxious about it all because I've never gone into the hospital knowing that I was going to be giving birth.  Even though Jon Kent was induced, the night we went in was because my blood pressure was so high.  With Zoey I was having contractions but I didn't *know that they were actually going to keep me until after we got there.  But with this, I *know* that we are going in to have a baby and I'm not coming home still pregnant.  And to add to my anxiety, Zoey is running a fever.  The last time we took it, it was at 101.  We gave her some fever medicine and she has seemed fine this whole time.  Only time she acts sick is when the fever is at it's highest.  She had a long night of not being able to get comfortable.  She was up several times through out the night and finally got in the bed with us around 4am.  She then proceeded to talk and turn and just be unsettled until 6:30am.  Then she finally gave it up then and slept until 8am.  Jon Kent even slept until 8am.  Although he did try to get up at 5am.  So, please say a prayer for all us to get healthy and stay healthy.  I can't imagine trying to give birth and worrying about Zoey all at the same time.  The pediatricians office is in the same center at my hospital, so that's convenient but I still rather her just be healthy and not need a visit there to begin with.  So thanks for any and all prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Emily! Try not to worry, I'm sure Zoey will be fine...and I'm sure your labor and delivery will go smoothly, too. I was induced with both girls...knew I was going in and having babies both times so I know how unnerving it can be. Try to relax when you can (I was so nervous I couldn't sleep the night before and it made for one tiring morning!) and enjoy your last day being pregnant with Nathan! I can't wait to hear about the little one's arrival!

P.S. If he is anything like my girls, you'll wake up two hours prior to your induction time with steady contractions. Never failed. Both girls. My body knew...or it was just taunting me.

Anonymous said...

Loved how you put that!  "eviction day" lol