Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Chronicles of Potty Training: The Zoey Edition

Day 10:
Again she had another good day.  She told me when she had to potty and even pooped in the potty several times.  No accidents except for during nap time and sleeping through the night.  But that will come with time.  I'm in no rush to get her sleeping without peeing.  That can backfire on me quickly.  Otherwise she is doing great.  Looks like she is getting the hang of it before the 2 week mark which I said it would probably take her that long to start grasping it.  So she proved me wrong, which I'm glad she has.

As for me.. eh.  I'm still hurting.  Except for about an hour when I'm "medicated".  But I don't like taking them when I'm alone with the kids so I just push through it while it's just us during the day.  I can't walk while standing up straight.  It hurts too much to not bend over a little while walking.  I'll be so glad when this is over.  Hopefully starting tomorrow at my appointment we will get some answers and some plans will start forming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nothing makes you feel like you've aged 20 years overnight then having to chase the kids around with a 'hunchback'!
...oh doll, and you have the baby to carry...really, try to take it easy.  I feel just awful for you!  I know what I felt like for 2 days straight...you rest up as much as you possibly can.  ...I can't do pain meds with the kids either, they mess with my head and balance way too much.

Seriously, INCREDIBLE progress with the potty training :)
Have you tried a sticker chart?  every time she goes potty she gets a sticker and when the sheet is filled up she gets a special reward?  

You take care and take it easy~
~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

Good job to Zoey what a big girl she is becoming!  After your surgery your going to feel like a new women and things will be back to normal.  I remember having my appendix  prob and the attack was unbearable...they took me to emergency surgery (it was about to rupture) and it was painful recovering BUT nothing like the attack so it was a relief!  My kids were very young too and we had to call our landlord at 3am to watch them!  I felt so embarrassed but we had no one close by us :(