Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Chronicles of Potty Training: The Zoey Edition

Day 3:
It went well.  Very well.  I decided to just leave Zoey in her pull-ups and just call them panties so she would still realize that she couldn't pee in them.  Which took stress off of me having to worry if she was going to pee or poop some where in the house and I not know it.  I never could do that with Jon Kent because he still thought of them as diapers and did his business in them instead of trying to not mess them up.  Anyway, so we start the day and she pees in the potty.  She ended up doing that a time or two more before she said she needed to poop.  So we sit there for awhile and she never does it.  So I go to nurse Nathan and Zoey is in the living room playing when I see her bend over a little bit grunting.  I asked her if she had already pooped and she said yeah but when I checked her she hadn't so we run to the potty and yall SHE POOPED!  WOOHOO!  She pooped in the potty!  So afterwards she finally got her "grand prize" for peeing AND pooping in the potty.  We bought it Sunday evening and it sat on the window seal for a day or two until the kids got on my nerves asking if they could have it every 5 minutes and I would have to example over and over again that Zoey couldn't have it until she pee AND pooped in the potty.  So it was put in a closet until she peed and pooped in the potty.  So once she pooped she was all excited about getting her "puppy house".  So after they got that Zoey was all excited and was playing with it and ended up peeing in her "panties".  But that was the only accident of the day.  And by the end of the day she comes running TO ME telling ME she had to pee-pee!  So that is great progress there!!  Yay!!!!!  So awesome!  I hope she keeps it up.  Because if she does, we are well on our way to being potty trained!  Woot-woot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously....that's excellent progress!

Good luck!
Y'all have a good one~
~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

WOW good for Zoey!  Way to go mom!