Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Chronicles of Potty Training: The Zoey Edition

Day 8 & 9:
They went well.  I think in the past two days she has had one or two accidents.  She is going to the potty on her own or telling us she has to go.  So that is great.  I'm really proud of her and wish I could be more involved right now with her and congratulating her better.  But I didn't plan on having gall stones so...  Anyway, HORRAY for Zoey and the fact that she is doing so well!

About my gallbladder.  I have an appointment to see the doctor Friday at 2pm.  I think this is only to see him and not to have the surgery.  So I don't know when it will be.  I'm not one to want to wish time away because I know how quickly it can go on its own.. but I'm in constant pain minus a few hours through out the day.  Sleeping is hard and getting around is harder.. and Kent went into work today because he is wanting to save as much of his sick leave for when I have the actual surgery.. so fun times.. let me tell ya.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to tell ya...my hubby had severe pain and gall stones and they gave him meds to take and it got rid of the stones and he hasn't gotten any since.  Maybe they can do something like that?  At least till the kids get a little better.  It's been 4 years since hubby had had an attack and the stones vanished and were absorbed by the body after taking the meds.  

Anonymous said...

Ok now i have to comment on the darn CUTE kids of yours!  That baby is the sweetest baby EVER!  I would love to hold and cuddle him he is SOOOO CUTE!  Boy you guys really make cute kids...I KNOW I KNOW i say that all the time but they ARE!  I am just in love with them.  Don't worry...I'm not a stalker, kidnapper type!  PROMISE !  

Anonymous said...

I too had what they refer to as 'gall bladder attacks'. I can still remember how the pain would drop me to my knees.  I would go to the ER and they gave me pain shots of Demerol. plus they gave me something for the naseaus.(spelling?)
 I finally had the surgery.  Most of the time it is same day surgery... and ya get to go home that day.  But, I went in on a Friday evening and was back home Saturday evening.  They sent me home with pain meds and  I felt better than I had in a long time.  The doctors told me that more woman have gall bladder attacks than men.  Especially if you have given birth. not sure why though. I have heard women say they would rather be in labor than to have a gall bladder attack.  That is how painful it can be.  I know it dropped me to my knees in pain.  It was that bad.
You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers and I hope they soon give ya the surgery so you can start feeling lots better.
P.S.----I LOVE the pics.  
(((((HUGS)))))

Anonymous said...

I was told that if you suffer from chronic gall stone attacks that getting it removed is the best option...however it's not usually the first course of action.
Mine was the first attack so I'm supposed to wait and see if it happens again and then get 'diagnostics' done or get testing done with my next full exam.  But if it happens more than once it is very likely to happen over and over again and get worse as it goes.

I'd go ahead and set up surgery if you can, IMO.  Serously, the pain from a mild attack was so bad that at first I thought it was my appendix about to burst.  It was almost as bad as when I had an ovarian cyst rupture.

The potty training is going really well!  
You take it easy~
~Bernadette