Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Quarter Century

Happy Birthday to me!  Today I turned 25 years old.  It was, for the most part, a normal day.  The kids did bring me cards this morning and Zoey sang happy birthday to me.  Kent went into work today.. he usually takes the day off, but since he is going to the doctor tomorrow he went in today.  Which was fine and even told him to do it.  Anyway, I made sure today wasn't about the house or dirty clothes but that it was just to be about the kids and me.  So we played and while they napped, I napped.  It was nice.  And the kids all too extra long naps so I got a good 90 minute nap.  Nice!  Kent's grandparents came by and dropped off a card and some money.  Then my parents called later in the afternoon and offered to take us out to eat for my birthday, which I gladly excepted.  They also gave me some money this past Saturday (since Kent and I were going out shopping that evening).  Thanks Momma and Daddy!!  We had a good time.. then Nathan woke up and decided he wanted the whole place to know he wasn't happy.  So we left.  We swung by Sonic and grabbed some ice cream and came home.  My in laws gave me a card and some money so that was nice.  Then it was bath time for all the kids and now they are all down and sleeping.  Kent and I are catching up on our shows that were on the DVR.  So all in all it was a nice day. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)  I'm glad you had a great day.
Happy Birthday!!

~Bernadette

...p.s.  the pics are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Well happy 25th!  Your so young!  

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Emily.  I meant to send you an egreeting the other day, but crazy life got in my way.  Glad that you had a nice birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Emily!  Glad you guys had fun.