Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Prayers Please

It started out fine.  We grilled and swam and the kids were having a blast.  Nathan loves being outside so he was pretty pleasant all day.  Around 2pm my upper abs started hurting.  I thought it was a gas bubble or something.  I've had like 3 or 4 more of these "episodes" since Nathan was born.  So around 8pm I finally had had enough pain and got Kent to take me to the ER.  After running several tests and getting a CT scan I've been Dx with gall stones.  I'm waiting on the surgeons office to open and I'm going to get in to be seen and maybe have surgery today or the latest in the next day or two.  The ER doctor said there were several in there and that my gallbladder needed to come out.  So, I will be doing that.  Which is going to suck with having a newborn and two other kids to tend to as well.  Thank goodness Kent still has sick leave left.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck.  I had the same problem.  I had horrific pain on about 4 different occasions and not being diagnosed until the last time.  The surgery was not bad at all or was the recovery.  I was up and about in about a day.  I have had four surgeries including one when I was pregnant with my son so I know all about surgery.  I hope everything turns out fine.  Prayers sent your way.

Anonymous said...

I remember that pain.    I was around your age, maybe a little older.     These days, with the laser and all, you'll have a much easier time with it.   Doesn't quell your nerves any, does it?      It's going to be OK.   Really.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

You will be fine...just think, you want have to worry about it growing back...:) (my attempt to cheer you up)....

Aunt KK

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart, that's tough. I'll pray for you... you take care.
~Erin

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh!  I'm so sorry you have to go through that surgery!  I hope all goes well for you and that you have help with the kids!    That can be hard to recover from!  

Anonymous said...

oh no.  I'm so sorry!
I just went through a gall stone attack...it's painful!  

I hope all goes well and you're feeling better in no time~
You take care and take it easy~
~Bernadette