Wednesday, February 27, 2008

We weathered the storm

Yesterday morning around 4 I woke up to lightening.  I thought nothing of it because we were expecting some storms to blow through.  Well, before I could close my eyes again I heard the wind pick up and the lightening got intense.  Then all of a sudden I hear something hit the house.  I jumped up and said, "What was that!?!?".  Kent looked out the window but couldn't see anything.  So we go and grab the kids out of their beds and stand in the hallway for a few minutes.  It sounded like the wind was just wrapped around our house.  It was hailing and you could hear it on all four sides of the house.  The lightening was ridiculous.  It was flashing constantly.  We then decided to go to our room and let the kids lay in bed with us until the storm blew over.  They were both thrilled and thought it was party time.  After the storm blew over I went and looked out the windows and saw that our trampoline had been picked up and blown about 3 feet.  It hit against Kent's car.  In the process it snagged the telephone line and pulled it down but didn't disconnect it.  We did lose power and didn't get it back until this morning at 4 (24 hours later).  We stayed the night at my parents because the temperatures dropped to the 20s and we knew there was no way we could stay warm with temps that low.  Thankfully all is restored and now we are just trying to get the house back to warm.. it was in the 50s in the house this morning.  It's at 68 currently.  I am the type person that loves storms and I rarely get afraid when one blows through.  But this one... it scared me.  It was like it came from no where.  And we weren't "supposed" to get the bad end of the storms.  But my county and others around me were the worst hit.  Thankfully everyone is OK here in my family and we all weathered the storm just fine.

Today is week 35 of my pregnancy.  5ish more weeks to go.  I go next week for my 36th appointment.  We are going to take the kids to the zoo (weather permitting) after my appointment.  It will probably be the last time we can go for awhile after Nathan comes.

Well, that's it.  I hope everyone is having a great hump day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure glad you guys are all ok!   Sounded like a crazy storm.