Wednesday, March 12, 2008

37 Weeks

I am 37 weeks pregnant today.  I'm at the "start of term".  Or at least that is what I call it because some books, doctors, etc say you are full term at 37 weeks others say 38 weeks.. so whatever.  I'm ready and I'm not.  But I figure that is normal.  If Nathan came today all would be ready and waiting for him, so that part is at least off my mind.  His cradle is set up in our bedroom and his changing station in our room is ready.  All his clothes are washed and put away.  His bags are packed for the hospital and his baby book is up to date.  I'm ready for him in those regards.  But I'm just not mentally there about having a newborn again.  And to be honest, I probably won't be ready until he is here.  I get giddy thinking about holding an itty bitty baby again.  But I get nervous and anxious about having a newborn again with the around the clock feedings, changings, sleepless nights, mountain of baby clothes to wash and rewash, etc.  I'm ready though to say, "Whew, we're done."  I'm ready to meet this little guy and see who he is and how he reacts to his "new surroundings."  Although I am sure he will recognize Jon Kent and Zoey's voices because he hears them bickering all the time and Zoey squealing allllll the time.  He will probably think, "Yup, those two I remember...". 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My niece was the same way...she has three little ones and they were ALL a surprise! lol  She was not looking forward to her third one until she found out it was a girl.  They are ages 3,2 and 7 mos.    She is about insane with the boys but the little girl is great so far.