Thursday, March 27, 2008

My 39th Week Appointment

It wasn't anything eventful that is for sure.  I have made no progress in the past week.  The doctor was checking me and I could have swore he said that I had progressed some so I say "Yesss!!!".  To which everyone in the room (Kent, doctor, nurse) all say, "Huh??".  And I then said, "What?".  To which the doctor said, "No, you haven't progressed."  To which I said, "Oh.".  Everyone was wondering why I was so happy to hear that I hadn't progressed any.  I guess in situations like that you just want to hear what you want and everything else is blocked out.  Because I could have sworn he said I had progressed.  Anyway, the game plan now is to wait it out until next Wednesday which is April 2.. my actual due date.  Hopefully I have progressed or even gone into labor by then.  If not, then April 3rd is looking like the new induction date.  The doctor told me today that if we did the induction today that I would have a 50/50 chance of having a c-section and I quickly told him "Nooooo, thank you!".  He agreed.  So we are just in the waiting it out mode and we'll see what happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what, Emily?  April's birthstone is WAY better than March's :o)  I hope he comes soon for ya!! ((((((((()))))))))

Anonymous said...

Oh ya I would pick sticking it out over a C section ANY day!  Good choice.  I'm am working my way backwards here  but getting all my reading done :)