Saturday, March 8, 2008

A variety of topics

OK, where to start...  I guess I will start off by saying sorry for the lack of updating.  Every time I was going to update I didn't have my camera, with pictures that I wanted to share, handy.  Then other stuff happened and well.. it's taken me some time to get back and be able to sit down and write out a good update.  So here's what's been going on..

Wednesday I went to get my "eyebrows cut".  That's what Jon Kent and Zoey think is happening when I get my eyebrows waxed.. lol.  Anyway, I got home from that and started feeling weird.  Just completely tired and exhausted.  So I sat down for a little bit and started noticing that my normal, sporadic braxton hicks were starting to get timeable.  So, I started timing them.  Every 4-6 minutes.. "Hmm, ok."  So I started drinking some water thinking maybe I was dehydrated.  Well, about an hour goes by and they start hurting a little bit.  Like feeling crampy in my lower belly and into my back.  So it's almost 4pm and I call Kent at work and tell him as soon as he gets off to come straight home.  So he does and he takes over with the kids while I lay down for awhile.  I napped off and on and just laid there drinking water until supper.  The contractions were still timeable and painful at times.  I was going to give myself until 8pm for them to start spacing out before calling the doctor.  Finally around 7:30pm they started spacing out and finally at around 10pm I was only feeling one or two an hour.  I wasn't really concerned because with Jon Kent and Zoey both, I did this exact same thing about 4 weeks before my due date.  Plus, I knew the next day I had a regularly scheduled appointment for my 36th week check up. 

So the next day Kent, the kids and myself all went to my doctor appointment (we were taking the kids to the zoo afterwards if all checked out fine).  So I get my weight checked (gained a pound), urine checked (good), blood/iron checked (good), blood pressure checked (good) and get my Group B Strep test done (I'll know the results next week).  I told the nurse about the contractions the day before and she said the doctor may or may not want to check me.  He ended up not checking me, so I don't know if anything has started as far as dilation and what not.  Which isn't a big deal to me.  I want to go full term and that isn't until 37-38 weeks and even then I want to be at least 39+ weeks before Nathan even thinks about coming.  I go back this coming Thursday for my 37 week check up.  I'm on weekly visits now.  Yikes!  After the doctor appointment, we took the kids to the zoo.  They had a blast.  The last time we went it was really crowded and it just wasn't that enjoyable.  But this time there wasn't really anyone there, so we had a lot more time and freedom to just walk slowly and enjoy all the exhibits.  The kids loved all the animals and we even got a video clip of Zoey playing with the red panda.  This was probably the last time we will be able to go to the zoo for awhile.  At least until Nathan gets a bit bigger.  Or maybe not, who knows.

Yesterday I spent the day washing and just cleaning.  I'm trying to stay on top of things with the house work and all so when Nathan does come I can just relax and not worry about the every day stuff.  Kent can tend to that while he is home on baby leave.

This morning we woke up to a dusting of snow.  Kent had to work so I had to manage to get both kids bundled up.  That was fun.  Then we went outside and played.  Built a very small snowman and Jon Kent made some snow angels in the snow on the trampoline (got some video of that as well).  But it was cold.  I know now why God put me in the south.. that cold weather just isn't for me.  And Zoey would agree.  We went over to visit with Kent's parents for a bit and Zoey ran inside and said (she studders at times), "I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I don't-don't-don't like the snow!".  LOL.  We were only out there maybe 10 minutes before she was ready to go back inside.  The wind was cold and I didn't have anything covering my head and I literally got a brain freeze.  That was the worst sudden onset headache!  Thank God I'm from Alabama and don't have to deal with that kind of weather too often.  Whew!  Later this evening the kids are going to spend the night with my parents and Kent and I are going to the movies.  I believe we are going to go see "Vantage Point".  It's supposed to be good.  We'll see.

Well, that is all for now.  Hopefully it won't take me so long to get back to update again.  But no promises. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWW such a cute video!  I can't wait to see Nathan!  I hope all goes well for you in case I don't see another entry before you go in ;)  Good luck!!!