Monday, March 3, 2008

Bracing for the Night

Currently I have all my ceiling fans on, the windows up, a breeze is blowing through the house.  My house is clean and I can smell supper cooking.  All the clothes are washed and more of Nathan's things are ready.  It's just a good, still time in the "O" household right now.  Some would say the calm before the storm...

The weather is supposed to get rough sometime over night tonight.  They are expecting there to be tornados and straight line winds (what we dealt with last Monday night).  This a pretty big storm system that is messing with a lot of people's weather.  Around here we have been having beautiful days.  Temps in the 70s and just tons of sunshine.  But today things have changed a bit.  It's still warm although now it's *too warm.  Like you can feel the energy the storms are pulling from in the air.  The wind has gone from a nice breeze to a strong blow.  The clouds have started rolling in.  It's really only a matter of time before the watches and warnings start in my state.  I don't know how much sleep any of us will get tonight.  Last week's storms shook us all up a bit.  Hopefully it will all be nothing and we won't lose power.  After today the nice weather will be gone and the cold stuff will be back.  Hopefully not for long.  How I hate the transitions between winter and spring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK TO YOU OVER THERE!  We were at 30~!  WHOO HOO!  It was nice and people here were driving around with their car windows open lol.  Now it's going to get back down to -16!  YUP NEGATIVE!  BRRR Not looking forward to that at all!  I wonder what sort of storm were going to get..if any.  I hope you don't lose power!  OH, to dream of spring!!!!!  I enjoyed your entry...made me FEEL the breeze blowing through your house!  I can't wait!