Thursday, March 13, 2008

My 37th week appointment

I had my 37th week appointment today.  All went well.  I gained 2 pounds since last week.  My urine and blood checked fine.  My blood pressure was good.  My belly is measuring right on for 37 weeks.  Nathan's heart rate was perfect, in the 150s.  My Group B Strep came back negative (good thing).  He checked my cervix for dilatation and I have dilated to 1/2 cm and my cervix is softening up.  He said he could feel Nathan's head.  He said that all seemed to be progressing fine.  He also told me that at my 39 week appointment that we could talk about an induction if my cervix was showing favorable signs at that time.  He said it was totally up to me because this was my pregnancy and birth and he wanted it to be the way I wanted it.  So with that I told him we will see when the time comes.  It would be nice to have a date in mind just so we could have the kids where they need to be and have all our things with us instead of rushing around.  But I also like the surprise of labor and all that.  And pitocin.. well it just sucks.  But we'll just have to see.. weigh our pros and cons and see what is best.  So until then I'm not going to worry on it too much because Nathan could come at any time from now until then.  Anway, all in all it was a very uneventful appointment.  Oh, let me tell yall a little funny.  So, yesterday I decide to paint my toenails because I knew today I would be wearing flip flops and I didn't want people looking at my unpainted toes.  So I paint them.. it only took me AN HOUR to do it.  Sheesh.  Next time I am just going to pay someone to do them, for sure.  Anyway, so I get to my doctor's office today and the lady in the lab who pricks my finger said, "Oh I just love that color on your toes."  And I say thanks and tell her how long it took, etc. etc. and we laugh and I go on.  Well then my doctor comes in and says, "Oh what pretty toes." or something like that and I say thanks and tell him the story.  We laugh and so forth.  THEN when it's time to check me he is putting my feet in the stirrups and he says to the nurse. "Look at her toes.  She did that all by herself and it only took her an hour!".  Then they laugh and I say, "This is so embarrassing.  Yall please don't keep looking at my toes!"..  to which we all laugh and I am red in the face as I could be.  Moral of this little side story.. if you are 37 weeks pregnant.. go get your toes painted by someone else and if you don't and decide to brave it and do it yourself.. don't tell anyone how long it took.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So did you have both pitocin and regular delivey's before?  I agree with you Pitocin sucks BIG TIME!  I have had both and my last one was the easiest of all...I had decided to have an epi (never had one so wanted to try it and be pain free ;) this time around) but when the time came when I wanted one I was already at NINE so there was not way lol  I was shocked and that was the first baby I had ever had with NO pitocin and it was heaven!  Much Much easier.  I hope your delivery goes over well and that there are no problems.  I keep wondering what's in your next entry when you update lol  I'm waiting patiently to see that baby boy of yous.  :)  Have a great day today.