Wednesday, March 19, 2008

38th week belly shot and update

It's wasn't too, too uneventful.  =)  First of all there were only two OB's there today out of the whole group.. the rest were off for spring break with their families.  So of course my OB had to be the one on call but I waited it out.. 1 hour, 45 minutes...  anyway.  Weight was up 2 pounds (35 total), urine good, iron good, blood pressure good, Nathan's heart rate was 138ish, measuring right on for 38 weeks.  He checks me and I have dilated from 1/2 cm to 1 whole cm.  LOL.  He also said I was soft but still pretty thick so he stirred around down there trying to get some of that to loosen up and get things going.  Now here may come a shock to all the masses that he brought up induction and I am actually considering it.  BUT we discussed it and a lot of things have to line up in order for him and me to give the go ahead.  I need to dilate at least 1-2 more cm.  And my cervix needs to soften.  All of which needs to happen in a week.  If it doesn't then we won't do it.  Case closed.  The reason that I changed my mind the most is the kids.  I want them in a settled place when I am in the hospital.  I don't want to be roaming around in the middle of the night trying to get everyone where they need to be plus get myself to my hospital which is an hour away.  It was different when we lived right next door to the grandparents (Kent's) and all we had to do was carry Jon Kent up there.  But this time we have two and we would have to drive them down the street to them or they would have to drive up here if it were in the middle of the night.  So.. with all that said.. if and only if all things are favorable for an induction, we will do it on March 27th.  So a week from tomorrow (Thursday).  Don't know the exact times and all that but will know all the details if there are any come next Wednesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you!  I sense a little jealously already from little Zoey.  That is cute.