Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Weekend Wrap-up

Were yall thinking I had the baby?  ;-)  Sorry to inform yall that I am still hanging in there with the big belly.  So with that out of the way... on to our past weekend.

It was a pretty busy weekend.  We had a family day at Kent's work on Saturday.  The kids got to hunt eggs, decorate eggs, eat hot dogs, etc.  The kids really had a good time and enjoyed playing with the other kids.  That night we went out to eat and just spent the evening being a family.  We know soon enough that our family dynamic will change so we are trying to enjoy these last few days with the kids and the "calmness".  Anyway, Sunday was Easter.  The kids got their baskets that morning.  That both got candy and some bath toys and (gasp!!) bubble bath.  Then we dressed the kids all up and went to church.  Then for lunch we went over to Kent's great aunt's house (all the extended "O" family was there) and had lunch and did another egg hunt.  Both of the kids found prize eggs and got a few dollars from that.  Then we came home and rested before heading back to church.  So we had a full day that is for sure.

Kent was off yesterday and we got some things done.  Although I realized how hard it is to get things done with Kent home.  It's just hard to do chores when he is here.  But yesterday afternoon Zoey and I went grocery shopping (she acts so much better when it's just us.. lol) and Kent cut grass.  Jon Kent got a special evening alone with his Granny and Pawpaw

Today I have been cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, cleaning.  Just trying to stir things up and trying to make my body "progress" some.  I cleaned the bathrooms, cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed all the carpets, dusted, straightened...  I'm just trying to stay active so to encourage little Nathan to stay low and on my cervix.  I'm hoping his head puts pressure on my cervix and makes the necessary changes.  We'll see how well that worked tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow..  I will be 39 weeks.  I have an appointment at 2pm.  If I have progressed at least 1-2 more centimeters and my cervix has thinned out some, then we will induced (probably) Thursday.  But that is still all up in the air and come this Friday I could still be pregnant.  And I'm OK with that as well.  I just want a healthy delivery and a healthy baby.  So we'll see.

Well, that's it for now.  Enjoy the pictures.  I'm off to work some more on my list of things to do before Thursday.. you know.. just in case. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you yesterday and was going to email you today if I didn't see something from you tomorrow cuz I knew you were going to go in to check.  Good luck at the doctors office!~   I would recommend to hold out being induced although I know how it feels to get a surprise at 4am and then have to fly around getting everything in it's right place before you leave! lol  

Anonymous said...

I just checked out your pictures and I have to say...your kids are C.U.T.E~!  Oh so cute!  They look so grown up all dressed up like that ;)