Monday, September 22, 2003

When it rains, its POURS!

Well, it has finally started to rain here.  Thank goodness!  We have gone so long without rain and now it hasn't stopped since last night.  But I am not complaining.  We certainly needed it.  The water department finally came to fix that service pipe that is under my road.  And of course, they used my driveway as a parking lot.  I came home from buying groceries and they had my whole driveway blocked.  I had to drive through my yard just to get to my front door to unload the groceries.  I'm not mad, in fact, it's rather funny to me.  Plus, I had something to look at all day as I cleaned my house and washed clothes.  They are still out there right now.  They have been at it for about 5 hours.  The road is a mess and so is some of the ditch that is infront of my house.  For about an hour there was water going everywhere.  It was just gushing everywhere.  I was like man I'm glad I ain't got to pay for all of that.  But I guess with the taxes and the water bill I get anyway...I'm sure I am paying for it.  And that brings me to my next question?  How many men does it take to dig a hole?  Apparently 9 and one CAT backho!  HaHa!  Tonight is when Antioch's pastor is coming to see us.  I am really looking forward to it.  I'll let yall know what happens later!  I need to get into the shower!  Bye!

No comments: