Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Day of Many Firsts

Today started off like any other day.  We got up, I cooked the kids' their breakfast and we got ready to take the olders to "school".  As I was walking back and forth through the house Nathan was in the floor playing on his mat.  I walked through the living room at one point and he was on his belly.  The boy flipped from back to tummy and I didn't see it!  But it still counts as his first time doing it.

So, I get all the kids loaded up and ready to go to school.  The whole way there Jon Kent keeps telling me he doesn't want to stay and he doesn't like it.  It's breaking my heart and stressing me out all at the same time.  I told Jon Kent over and over the consequences of him not staying at school and going home with me.  1) He would have to go grocery shopping (which he HATES), 2) When we get home he is going straight to timeout, 3) No trip to see his Granny and Paw Paw the next time they ask for him.  He was fine with it all.  I couldn't believe it.  So we drop Zoey off at school and off we go.  And I kept my word too.  And on top of that he had to clean up all his toys and Zoey's toys.  Not only did he enjoy himself all day, he thrived on being alone.  It was weird, if I'm to be honest.  So I don't know what I'm going to do about the whole school thing.  Maybe just let Zoey go.. I don't know.

While I was cleaning up the house Jon Kent was playing with Nathan and acting silly for him.  Nathan got such a big kick out of it he was belly laughing.  It was hilarious.  Jon Kent loved the fact that Nathan was laughing at him.  He kept acting silly for the longest.  Here is a video of that.

And lastly, today I fed Nathan cereal for the first time.  I said I was going to wait but I just wanted to see how Nathan did.  If he fussed with the spoon or spit out more than he ate I was going to just quit and start in another two weeks or so.  But he did very well and ate half of the bowl I made for him.  We'll do it again tomorrow as long as he doesn't react badly the rest of the day to it.  Here is a video of that as well.  Also, enjoy the pictures from it too.

 

PS: The first video is still "processing" so you may have to revisit it once it's done.

No comments: