Monday, August 25, 2008

Ear wax troubles

I had to take Nathan to the doctor today.  He has had a cough and rattling in his chest for a few days now.  I thought it was better to be safe than sorry and go ahead and take him in.  He got weighed again and was 18 pounds and 15 ounces.  He is almost 19 pounds!!  Wow!  Anyway, the doctor gave him the once over and his chest and lungs sounded fine.  She looked in his ears and then had to clean them out because of all the ear wax.  (Side note: Nathan gets his ears cleaned every night but by the next day he has more.  I swear if there was a market for selling ear wax that boy would make us millionaires!)  Once she got them all cleaned out she looked at them and one was infected and the other was starting to get infected.  So she put him on a round of antibiotics for 10 days.  We have to go back in 3 weeks.

In other news, it is raining and raining and raining here.  We need it though so I'm not complaining.  I'm just not used to it.  We are dealing with the remains of tropical storm Fay.  It made for an interesting morning while trying to get to the doctor.  A tornado warning was issued for my county and then the county that the doctor's office is in.  It really did make for fun times.  We are supposed to be getting rain from this same system for at least another full day, if not two.  I need to find some things for the kids to do... or we will all go crazy! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!
  Thanks for coming by my journal...and leaving your link...I hardly get any alerts anymore...so glad ya found me.  Congrats on baby Nathan!!  He is a cutie, as are all your kids =)

Hope he feels better soon....and hope all is well with you!

Hugs
Terri