Thursday, August 7, 2008

She's a funny drunk

Zoey had to go to the dentist today to have 4 cavities filled and one of her back teeth rebuilt.  The dentist said the best way to handle these types of procedures was to give her a little bit of calming medicine in sprite.  So that's what we did.  The nurse said it would take about 10-15 minutes for it to take effect.  So we went back out into the waiting room and she went over to the blocks and was playing other there with some other kids.  I was keeping an eye on her making sure she wasn't stumbling around.  Ten minutes passes and she was still acting fine.  About the time I told Kent it had already been 10 minutes I look up and Zoey is doing the tilting sideways walk and then she falls over.  I run over to pick her up and she is laughing.  So I take her over to where Kent was sitting and she is just giggling and having a grand ole time.  Kent shot the video of her about that time.  Kent says, "Zoey I love you."  She then follows up with "I looovvvvvvvve...." then laughter.  The waiting room had some people in it and we were the show for the morning.  The nurses were laughing.. it was just funny.  After it was over I went back to talk to the dentist and he said Zoey did wonderfully through it and she even giggled during it.  He said he couldn't have asked for better and she was one of the best he has seen.  When Zoey came out they had a gauze thing between her teeth and it was poking out through her lips and she says to me, "Look momma, my lips have a pillow."  I about died.  She said that in the sweetest, drunkest voice ever.  The dentist said, "Yeah, I told her that her lips were asleep."  It was so funny.  She was loopy for about another hour and then was fine.  She doesn't even remember seeing the dentist.  She just remembers drinking the sprite and after that nothing.  Too funny. 

PS:  The video is a little grainy because it was taken with a cell phone.

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just like me after a night at the bar!!! lol

Anonymous said...

Too hilarious! :)  I am sure she will get a kick out of that when she is older! :)  Can always be used as black mail too! lol

Glad her appointment went well.  I want some of that Sprite next time I go to the dentist!

God Bless
Janis