Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Perhaps a new adventure

With full support from my husband I'm possibly going to be embarking on a new adventure come January 2009.  If the money falls into place and the planets aline just right... I'll be starting school.. again.  (Ha, ha, ha.. daddy bet ya didn't see that coming!)  I am going to go talk to the school's counselor and see if my credits from my accounting degree will transfer over to some point and see what all I still need to get a nursing (my Aunt Karen Kay just perked up.. lol) degree.  I'm wanting to get my RN and then transfer over to either Jacksonville State or UAB and get my bachelors in nursing.  When it's all said and done I want to be an OB nurse.  I guess you could say I was inspired by Kent's sister by her decision to do the same.  It's amazing how an 18 year can do that to an elder (ha!) like me.  I was telling Kent that I just really want to do this and feel it's the right thing.  I had such a good experience with my OB nurses with all my kids and I would love to give someone else the same good experience.  It will take a lot of work to do this, especially with 3 kids and a husband but I know it can be done.  It will take time and I'll graduate eventually...  I just hope we can figure out a way to make the money end of all this work.  So anyway, there is it...  I think I may just have lost my mind!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You would make a wonderful OB nurse.

Anonymous said...

Emily, I think it's wonderful you are going to try and chase your dream! I was in Nursing School when Justin was 14 months old, it can be done! Best of luck with everything! I look forward to reading about this new journey in your life!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!
Best of luck to you

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you!

Aunt KK

Anonymous said...

The money end is no problem...that is why they have student loans.....the repayment can be made by your first sign-on bonus.....go for it!

Aunt KK