Friday, August 29, 2008

Deep Breath

I would like to go on record by saying this... Trying to prepare to go to college was a lot easier when I was 1)Still in high school and had teachers, my parents, guidance counselors breathing down my neck to fill out all my applications for schools, scholarships, etc. 2)Younger and felt I had my whole life ahead of me and all the time in the world and 3) I was living with my parents.  If I had a question or wanted help getting the ball moving all I had to do was ask them.  Now that I'm 7 years from my high school graduation and 5 years from my *first* college graduation I feel completely lost.  Like where in the world do I start?  How do I get this ball moving?  I know once it's all said and done and I'm holding my degree all this will be worth it.  But it's stressful thinking about how I'm going to do this.  How am I going to juggle being a wife, mother and student?  Where is the money going to come from (do they sell those money trees yet?)?  How will the kids react to me not being around as much?  And when will I find time to study?  Good gracious alive.  Where to start.. where to start.. where to start...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to bed at 11 every night. I put the kids down at 8 (Jonah was 3 months when I started and Christian was barely 3. I studied hard every day from 8 until 11, and then got extra hours in on the weekends when Mike was home.  One day at a time.... and don't over do anything, only take on what you can handle.

Anonymous said...

You can do it Emily and if you need any help getting that ball moving you let me know :) We can go to school together! And your kids will adjust just fine because they will see mommy making it! You can do it!!

Anonymous said...

When you apply go for the delayed program...other than the first and last semester, you will  have only 1 nursing class per semester......believe me it is a lot easier!!!! (it is 7 instead of 5 semesters) Especially when you get to 105 and  then 201.....know your facts about fluid and electrolytes......start now!!!.....:) LOL! You do have all the time in the world...just think I was 49 when I started...if you want it bad enough it is yours....Trust God and he will get you through....


Aunt KK