Monday, August 25, 2008

Frustrated Wuss

We'll be going back to the doctor tomorrow.  :::HUGE sigh:::  The kids came home this afternoon and Zoey's left eye was runny with green gunk.  By the time bedtime rolled around it was pretty bad and her whole left side of her face was swollen.  So after JUST being at the doctor's today I'll be there tomorrow.  I'm going to take Jon Kent too and let the doctor give him the once over as well.  Might as well because if I don't, I'll just have to take him before the week is over.  Not to mention he has been complaining today of his stomach hurting and he is coughing, snotty nosed, etc.  It's not even winter and all this junk has started.  I was talking to a friend of mine and she said her daughter has the green gunky eye and my nephew also has it as well.  The common link in all this.. they all go to the same daycare.  I don't know if it's going through the kids there or if my kids picked it up from a store or a playground or what.. but it's not sitting well with me.  They don't HAVE to go to the daycare.. it was just more of a luxury for me and a socializing thing for them.  But if they are going to get sick from going there.. well the wussy, over protective mommy that I am will just give up her two free days and keep them home.  I'm going to wait to see what the doctor says tomorrow as to what she thinks it is.. so I'll make my final decision on that later.  I just don't want to go back to the cycles of going to the doctor every few weeks like we did last winter... at least if I can help it.  Blech... 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does not sound like a whole lot of fun! Hope they all heal quickly!

It could quite possibly be from the daycare. I have often heard that the first few months when a kid starts a daycare or school (at any age) they will often get sick but will build immunities as time goes on. Not sure if that was a super accurate report but I would stick it out for a while. :)

God Bless
janis

Anonymous said...

They did not go to daycare last year and they were sick.  Maybe they just have low weak immune systems. Zoey has styes on her eyexs all the time.  Just happens sometimes.  You need to relax and let them build up an immunity.  They will and you will feel much better.  When Jon Paul got Pneumonia when he was 6 wks old the doctor in Talladega AND Birmingham said there was nothing I could have done to prevent that.

Anonymous said...

If it's pink eye...i've heard it's going around really bad around here as well....i've had it 5 times over the years...it's just miserable and itches ...hope the Dr. was able to help the kids....and they are all better soon!

Hugs
Terri