Sunday, August 3, 2008

To:

Jon Kent-
All my hopes and dreams were born in a 5 pounds, 8 ounce screaming package.  You were so small but so strong.  It took time and is still taking time, but I'm coming to learn the lessons you were sent to teach me.  Patience, compassion, love for the uncontrollable, mercy, humility.  You are teaching me those things.  You have taught me to see things just as they are.  A paper messy with finger paint is really a work of art.  Two straws are really battling figures or swords.  A stick found haphazardly in the yard can be used for sword fighting, pretend fishing or as a bat.  There are times I wish I had more time to just be your mom and that you didn't have to share me.  Not because I love your sister or brother any less but because I want to enjoy each of you for as much and as long as I can.  My heart hurts when I feel like I can't give you enough of my time or energy.  When all you want is for "You to hold me" but I can't right then.  It hurts.  You deserve to be held until my arms fall off.  I wish you could have me all the time.  You deserve that and so much more.  Jon Kent in the last 3 years, 8 months and 19 days you have blessed me with more memories than you could ever imagine.  I love you with all my heart.  I may not be able to hold you forever but you will always, always have my ear for listening, my shoulder for leaning, my hand for holding and my heart for loving.  You deserve that and you will get that. 

Love,

Momma

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! :)  And I think something most mother's share in feelings. Being pregnant with number two I am trying to spend as much time with my daughter as possible...giving her lots of attention and lots and lots of hugs! :)

God Bless
Janis

Anonymous said...

:*) Emily...I feel the same way about Ty. You said it so well.