Monday, September 22, 2008

Another Step Closer

I just got through filling out my application for admissions to college.  And getting my transcripts transferred.  I'm glad to have it done.  Now all I have to do is wait for my acceptance letter and then get with an advisor to map out my classes.  I also need to get with some one in financial aid.  I'll do that when I go see my advisor I guess.  I still want to do some research on some scholarships and what not.  So we'll see.  I'm pretty mixed with my emotions about the whole thing.  I'm excited, nervous, scared, worried, sad, upset, disappointed.. just a lot of different things.  I so wish I would have done this BEFORE having kids.  Well, I did.. but just not this.  Oh well.. it is what it is.

                                                  *~*~*~*~*~*~*

My in-laws who live next door, got a puppy.  It's a yellow lab.  He is really sweet and is already fixed.  He isn't a jumpy dog nor does he really seem to chew on things.  He is probably around 6-9 months old.  Someone dropped him off at another lady's house and she couldn't keep him so Kent's sister asked if she could have it and Kent's parents said yes.  The kids like him.  Zoey is still a bit scared of him but she is warming up to him.  Jon Kent just loves him.  He loves throwing sticks for the dog (whose name is Jake.. we think.. it keeps changing) and chasing him around.  I think it will be good for the kids.  He's really sweet and good with the kids, so hopefully they will enjoy each other.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww.....we have a 4 month old yellow lab.  He is a total sweetheart. A huge 35 lb (and gaining) sweetheart.  They are great dogs!
Don't feel bad.  I am 43 and had to take a buyout from the company I worked for so I am headed back to school soon too.  

Tracie

Anonymous said...

Did you go ahead and apply for the nursing program while you were at it? They usually send out acceptance letters in June or July...Good luck and God Bless......

Aunt KK

Anonymous said...

Best of luck girlie!

I bet the puppy is adorable

Hugs
Terri