Thursday, September 25, 2008

Looking forward to the weekend

I just love nap time.  All the kids sleeping.  The house is quiet and still.  I just love days like today.  The weather is beautiful and cool.  It's nice to just let the windows up and let the breeze blow in.  Makes me just feel good.  Just enjoying the day.

This morning I took the kids' clothes (that were sellable) to consignment.  It wasn't crowded at all, so I was able to get in and get out rather quickly.  I hope the clothes sell and I'm hoping to get at least a little extra money from it.  I won't be able to go to the actual consigners's sell but I'm giving my momma the pass so that she and a friend can go.  The kids have a soccer game that morning.  The rest of their clothes that I didn't have time to organize to sell or just didn't feel like going through the trouble to mark them and price them, etc are going to the thrift store bins.

I'm currently washing clothes and just trying to get the house in clean order.  With Kent coming back home tomorrow (YAY!!!) I want everything to be nice and neat.  That way we don't have to worry about chores, we can just enjoy the weekend together before he has to go back to work Monday morning.  It's supposed to be a nice weekend weather wise so we will be able to enjoy it together.

Kent plans on taking the kids camping Friday night.. in our backyard.  We are going to roast marsh mellows and drag the tent (that has been set up in Jon Kent's bedroom for over a week now.. driving me crazy) outside.  I honestly don't think they will actually sleep out there, but you never know.  It will be fun for them no matter what.  Then Saturday the kids have a soccer game at 12pm.  The kids love their games and loving playing with their teammates.  They always have a good time.  And there will be college football games to listen to and watch.  I *think Kent and I will be having an "alone" date night Saturday.. if we can get sitters (daddy??... momma??).  Sunday will be church and then my nephew's 2nd birthday party that afternoon.  So our weekend is packed with things to do, but I'm looking forward to doing all these things with my kids and hubby in tow!!  Can't wait to see him tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a fun weekend... roasting marshmallows always is a good idea!
~Erin
takingheart.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hope they had fun camping out...how fun!
Enjoy your date night....hope you were able to get a sitter

Love the pics....

Hugs
Terri