Saturday, September 27, 2008

Something you may not know..

I am not a people person.  I don't make friends easily.. at all.  It took me several months after getting married to Kent to hold a steady conversation with his mother.  The same with his grandmother.  I can count on one hand the number of people who are close friends of mine that are outside my family.  Wait, scratch that.. I can could on 2 fingers how many friends of mine that are outside my family.  And when I say friends, I don't mean people who I talk to here and there and they know about things in my life and I know about things in their's.  I have several of those.. acquaintances I guess they could be called.  I'm talking about friends who I can talk to on the phone for hours and we can have gone weeks without seeing each other or even talking but still pick up right where we left off.  Hmm, wait.. let me rethink that... I can count on ONE finger how many friends, like that, I have.  Is that sad?  I don't know..  I have a lot of people online that I talk to about parent stuff and if given the chance I would meet up with them and I know a friendship would bloom.  But, right here, right now.. only one friend... At least she is a really good friend.  And I'm glad to have her in my life.  We've been through a lot in both of our lives.  She is a really good, one friend to have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it doesn't bother you, then it isn't sad.   I have a feeling you are comfortable with how you are, as you should be.  That's how God made you.   Some folks go through their whole lives and still don't find that "one" great friend.   You already have yours...and there will be more.    
~Meg

Anonymous said...

I make friends easily....and find it easy to talk to people most times....but I am like you as far as having one or two friends I could talk to about anything....and even then I don't discuss "everything" with them....I am just a really private person when it comes to personal things in my life I guess....

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

I am very similar. I have only a few super close friends and while there are several in my life that I enjoy seeing from time to time and say HI to and very basic stuff they aren't anyone I would call in a crisis.

I think it's okay to just have a good friend or one or two. Our kids keep us busy enough and it's hard to find time to keep up with a whole bunch of firends. Enjoy the friend you have and maybe over time you will grow and develop friendships as your kids grow older.

Have a great day!

Janis