Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Thanks

Thanks to everyone who left comments or sent me emails encouraging me with my going back to school entries.  I really, really appreciate it and needed it.  I've been playing and replaying in my mind all the changes that will be coming and how we are going to manage them.  By the time I finish school two of my three kids will be in school themselves and Nathan will be around 2 or 3.  So, I think once I'm done I will see the benefits a lot clearer.  I still worry that I'm shorting Jon Kent, Zoey and Nathan a bit by not having me home full time, all the time.  But like someone wrote to me, they will see me doing something to better all our lives and my occupation will hopefully be bettering to other people's lives as well.  When they get older, I'm hoping the kids will look back to my own experiences and realize that college is important and go and ahead and do it.  I wish now that I would have (at least getting a degree that you want to use someday.. lol).  But like I told Kent, at 18 I didn't see nursing as a career that I would want to have or liked.  I was just too selfish at 18 to even think of caring for other people.  But now, I see the importance of caring for others.  I've been on the receiving end of that on several, several occasions and I would like to return the favor to others.  If that makes any sense at all.  I hope that my kids will look to me when they are older and can understand better and be proud of me.. despite the fact that my time will be crammed with being a wife, mommy and student.  I look forward to the new challenges and adventures but at the same time am really nervous and scared of the unknown.  I don't want to fail at this or give up.  I'm excited though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing everything I dreamed I would do, and I applaud you for your courage and your tenacity, not to mention your ability to multi-task and NEVER EVER sleep!  Best of luck to you.  Sue

Anonymous said...

You are going to do great. You are a great wife, a great mommy, and I have no doubt that you will be a great nurse. Good Luck :)