Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I got a little laugh.. 5 years

Tomorrow will be 5 years of me journaling in this journal.  I did the "blog" thing before it was "in style".  Anywho.. I was reading some of my old stuff and I'm almost embarrassed.  You can see my.. umm.. lack of maturity in my writing.  I've come a long way in 5 years.  I'll probably say the same thing in another 5 years.. lol.  Anyway, one of the things I was reading was this...

Friday, October 31, 2003
3:21:00 AM CST
Feeling Hopeful
Hearing To tell the truth....its 3 in the morning...nothing is on!
Edit Entry  Delete Entry

Five years from now...


 

Five years from now....where do I see myself?  What will I be?  Where will I be?  I have many questions of where my life will be in 5 years.  Here are some of my goals that I wouldn't mind achieving by then.  I would like to be in a different home.  Hopefully one with 3 or more bedrooms and 2 baths.  I hope to have atleast one child if not two.  I hope that I have taken some classes in photography and have been doing some odd little photography jobs.  I hope that my "bracelet" business has expanded into something really great.  Maybe a bead store or maybe a custom jewlery shop, where I can custom make bracelets or necklaces or whatever.  I hope that Kent has moved up into his career, hopefully where he has an office job and some normal hours.  So far, these are all my goals.  It will be interesting to see what happens!

So let's see..  I am in a different home.  It is 3 bedroom and 2 bath.  We don't just have one child or even two.. but THREE (totally didn't see that 5 years ago.. that's for sure!!!)  No classes for photography but I am gearing up to return to school.  My bracelet "business" just wasn't.. umm... lucrative enough, so no to all that.  Kent has moved up in his career but not to the office job.. yet.  He's working on it though.

So, it was interesting to see what my goals where then and where I'm at now.  So.. 5 years from now what do I see...

I plan to be done with school and working.  My kids will all be in school so I'm hoping they are active in their activities and that I'm involved greatly in their school.  I hope to see Kent in an office job, working normal hours (surely it will happen in these next 5 years.. right?).  I hope we have traveled at least some.  Maybe even out of the country??  I just hope we are all healthy and happy.  Oh and in the next 5 years.. I hope to see McCain as president. ;o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow 5 yrs....I will be journaling 4yrs in Feb.  Time sure does fly.
It's fun looking back in our journals and reading what we were doing over the years.....and how we have grown ...

Hugs
Terri

P.S. Happy journal anniversary!