Saturday, November 5, 2005

Another Saturday

Today has been a fairly slow day.  Which it always is when I get up early.  Jon Kent and I woke up around 7:30am.  He got in the bed with me around 6:30am or so.  I guess that is just the way it's going to be until he out grows this stage in his life.  I have tried to train him to stay in his bed and sleep on night there, but it wasn't working and making up both very tired and cranky! 

Anyway, we got up at 7:30am and we had breakfast.  Then I did some odds and ends around the house before we headed to Wal-Mart.  I had to stop and get gas since my gas light came on as I was pulling out of the drive way.  I hate spending so much money on gas.  It's really ridiculous! 

Anyway, we spent about 45 minutes or so in Wal-Mart.  When we got home I unloaded every thing and then took Jon Kent out to play in the yard for a little bit.  I was hoping to tire him out a little.  After playing we came back in for a "Baba" and a nap.  I got Jon Kent to sleep and took him into his room.  To which he opens his eyes and sees where he is at and starts crying.  But I calmed him down enough to escape the room.  He whined for a minute or two, but ended up sleeping close to an hour in his crib (YAY!!!).  After he woke up from his nap we had lunch and then played for a little bit.  He is currently spending some time with his Granny and PawPaw.  After Jon Kent left, I did some cleaning and balanced the checkbook.  I also worked on some party favors for Jon Kent's party, which is a week from today.  Now, I am just waiting on Kent to get home from work.  He should be home in about 15 minutes or so.  I have plans to cook ham, mashed potatoes, and cornbread for supper.  There might be another side to the menu but I haven't decided what I want, if I want anything.  We'll see. 

As far as a house update, they didn't do any work today.  I guess they don't work on the weekends.  Which is stupid, because the quicker they get done the sooner they get paid.  Oh well.  There is always Monday I guess. 

I best be going now.  I will talk with yall later.  Have a great weekend!!

No comments: