Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Happy Birthday Jon Kent

Exactly one year ago today, I was blessed with my first miracle baby!  Jon Kent was a baby that was prayed for and waited on for a long time.  When he entered the world, he changed my life completely.  He has blessed and enriched my life is so many ways.  He has taught me patience, confidence, and discipline.  I fall more in love with him as each day passes.  So, Happy Birthday Jon Kent!  May you have many, many, many more!!

Here is the full story of his birth:

Jon Kent’s Birth Story   Saturday November 13th
I started having a lot of contractions and thought they were regular enough to go get checked out.  Kent came home from work, and we headed to the hospital to see if it was the real thing.  We get to the hospital and I get all hooked up to the machines.  My contractions had tapered off and weren't coming as often or as intense.  However, my blood pressure was high.  But they sent me home anyways.
  Sunday November 14th
After getting home from the hospital, the contractions started back up early Sunday morning.  I would wake up to a horrible contraction, only to pass right back out after it ended.  I woke up Sunday morning exhausted.  Sunday morning, I walked for about 30 minutes or so and came in to take a nap.  I woke up and went to Granny’s house for lunch.  She mentioned to me that my face looked really red and that my blood pressure maybe too high.  After lunch I came home and rested.  Later on that night, Kent came in with a blood pressure monitor.  I started testing my blood pressure and it was coming back with high numbers.  I called the hospital and they told me to come in and be monitored.  So Kent, my parents, and myself all went to the hospital.  They hooked me up to the monitors and my blood pressure was indeed high.  They thought since I had “so many” people in the room that it was making my blood pressure go up.  But they were wrong.  My blood pressure just kept getting higher and higher as the night went on.  Soon, the nurse came in and checked me and said I was about 1cm dilated and that they were going to keep me over night for observation.
  Monday November 15th
The on call doctor came into my room at about 6:00 am and told me that my urine culture came back high in protein.  He checked me and I had dilated to 3cm.  He said lets keep her and see if we can have a baby today.  So, at 7:00 am they started the pitocin.  They also had to give me magnesium at 7:30 am to keep my blood pressure down.  But with the magnesium going, it increased my chances of having to have a c-section because it is a muscle relaxer and could stop my contractions.  So they upped the pitocin over time to make sure my contractions continued.  At 10:00 am they gave me my epi.  I don't really remember it much because they really had me doped up on pain medicine hoping to keep my blood pressure under control.  I do remember feeling pretty good though at this point.  At 11:00 am they broke my water.  I progressed slowly after that point.  And my doctor even later admitted that he thought I would be his c-section for the day.  However at 4:30 pm I was complete and at 10cm.  At 4:55 pm I started pushing.  And at 5:05 pm Jonathan Kent Owens, Jr. was born weighing 5lbs, 8oz and was 19 ½ inches long.  He was absolutely beautiful.  He came out with blonde hair and blue eyes.  His skin tone was so pretty and tan looking.  Almost like he had been laying in the sun.  His daddy and I both were very proud of our new little miracle.
  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday jk!!!!!!!