Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Here's the deal

I'm in labor....   Just really early labor.  I went in today and was 1.5cm dilated, 50% effaced, and at a -2 station.  Well, 2 hours later, I was right under 2cm, still 50% effaced, and Zoey dropped down to a -1 station.  The doctor that I had today was WONDERFUL.  She is sooo much better than the "guy" OB I usually have.  Anyway, my contractions are doing something, just not very quickly.  The doctor checked me and told me that I could go home.  She said that she figures I will go into full blown labor in no more than 3 days.  But if I don't, I have an induction scheduled for Monday morning at 5am.  On a day that she will be on call.  Kent said, "She really wants to be the one who delivers with you!".  Which is fine with me!  Anyway, that will make me 40 weeks and 5 days pregnant.  So, it looks like I will be having a December baby.    Oh, the contractions have slowed down (figures).  I am having about 2 contractions now every hour.  They gave me some NASTY and I do mean NASTY stuff right before leaving the hospital.  It helped to relax me because I hadn't been able to sleep.  So when I got home, I took about an hour and a half nap.  I am feeling a lot better now.  Just wish I was able to stay and have Zoey.  Oh well...there is always December!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you. Some say walking helps a lot to get things going. I've had pitocin I think it's Satan's drug personally...so I'm hoping you go into full blown labor on your own, and that the dr you really like is the one to deliver Zoey! :)

Christy http://journals.aol.com/my3gifts/ChristysThoughts/

Anonymous said...

pretty soon you'll have your lil girl in your arms...I know you can't wait!!

HUGS
Dana

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me, I hope you have Zoey on my Birthday, happy birthday to me.......love you

Aunt KK