Monday, November 7, 2005

Monday, Monday, Monday

So this morning I woke up at 7:30am next to my snuggle bear, Jon Kent.  For whatever reason I had just a ball of energy waiting to be used.  So, I fed Jon Kent and after eating he got down and played for a little bit.  I started straightening the house and getting clothes separated to be washed.  I threw the first load in and then sat down and played with Jon Kent for a bit.  We played with cars, balls, blocks, etc. 

Then I got online to check my mail and all that good stuff.  Around 10:15am Jon Kent started calling for his "Baba" (bottle), so I knew it was time for a "snack" and a nap.  He took his bottle and down for a nap he went---in his crib I might add.  Woohoo!  While he was sleeping I put the alone time to good use.  I folded clothes and washed/dried others.  I cleaned the kitchen, computer/dining area, dusted the living room, dusted the bedroom, and swept some of the floors.  Jon Kent only slept for about an hour in his crib.  He woke up crying and still sleepy, so I held him for another 45 minutes while he slept and I rested.  After waking up from his nap Jon Kent "helped" me clean.  As you can see in the pictures.  It was the cutest thing!!  He was walking all over the house trying to sweep.  I guess he sees me doing it all the time and just caught on---good boy!!! 

Anyway, after all his hard manual labor, it was time for lunch.  He ate his lunch and then got down and played while I folded some more clothes.  I saved the vacuuming for after Jon Kent got up from his nap.  1)Because I didn't want to wake him--DUH! and 2)He likes to watch and chase the vacuum.  So anyway, we vacuumed the whole house and the living room furniture.  We also Windex the front door and the mirrors in the house. 

All that is left to do now is clean the bathroom, sweep the rest of the floors, and mop.  All of which are my least favorite things to do. 

Plus, it doesn't help that it is HOT here in Bama.  83 degrees as I type!!  Stupid southern weather! 

Anyway, I guess I should go.  I want to finish my cleaning and laundry before my better half (brownie points) gets home.  We are going grocery shopping after he gets off of work.  He said he didn't want me hauling Jon Kent and groceries around because of my present condition---ain't he sweet!  Anyway, yall enjoy the pictures!!  Have a good one!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is soooooooooo cute.  It has been a while since I had a little one like that.  My oldest, a son,  is 23 and my youngest, a daughter, is 13.  It seems like only yesterday they were your son's age.  Enjoy every minute, it goes by quickly.  Wow!  You have a lot going on.  A new house being built and a new baby on the way.  My baby shower for my daughter was planned for May 24th.  My baby was born on May 23rd, lol.  We had the shower in my hospital room, with the baby.  You could do the same and his baby sister would be there to be part of it, or you can celebrate his birthday after you get home with the baby.  We live in Alabama too.  I was born and raised in east central Alabama.  Moved to Colorado in Nov. 2001.  Just moved back mid-March because my 23-year-old son just went through a divorce he did not want and is having a rough time of it.  I pray everything goes okay for you and your baby.

Blessings!~
Susan
http://journals.aol.com/rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle/

Anonymous said...

P.S.  Roll Tide!  :)