Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Christmas Parade

Last night we went to our town's Christmas parade.  The kids really enjoyed themselves and they got some candy as well.  This was the first year in several years that they have allowed people to throw candy from the floats and cars.  I think several years ago some kid either choked on some candy or got hit by a car or something like that.  So they quit.  Anyway, the kids really liked the marching bands and would dance when they came by.  Jon Kent really liked the fire trucks and the big 18-wheelers (yes, redneck.. but if you knew my town then it would make sense) that came by honking their horns.  The weather was pretty nice too.  It was cold but not freezing so I just layered the kids clothes and make sure they had their gloves and everyone good to go.  Anyway, I took a few pictures so enjoy! =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never visited your Journal before but came across it this morning.  Never ever be anxious to grow old because it happens  to quickly.  I am 78 and would surely understand  if you don't care to answer.  I just wanted to say last Sat. was to be our Christmas parade but the rain and ice would have weighed down our huge animated figures so they canmceled it. They are hopeing for this Sat. but snow is in the forcast.  We live lin Lincoln, Nebraska and the temp. is 25 at the moment.  Lucille 4364

Anonymous said...

Fun! We missed ours; it was Saturday.  I was so mad! I ran to the grocery store (about an hour after it went thru) and saw all the candy on the street.  Rob and I both totally forgot about it this year. :( Oh, well, there's always next year.  lol