Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!!!

We have had a great Christmas so far!  Last night my parents, brother, sister-in-law and nephew all came over.  We ate and exchanged gifts and just spent time together.  It was a really good time.  The kids racked up with clothes and toys.  They each have been playing with all their Christmas Eve goodies.   Kent and I got a lot of goodies too; gift cards, clothes, etc.  After everyone left the kids each picked out a cookie to give to Santa and I filled him a glass of milk.  They took their baths and off to bed they went.  Jon Kent jumped and danced the whole time I was getting his PJs on.  He was very excited!  Both kids went to sleep fairly quickly.  Then it was time to play Santa's elves..  Kent did very well.  He got the kids Jeep put together in less than 2 hours.  But sooner than I was expecting!  I had a bet that by midnight he was calling his daddy to come help him.  But he did very well!  After all the toys were set out, Kent and I exchanged gifts.  I gave him a polo dress shirt and a casual type shirt, some underoos (lol) and some undershirts.  He is looking at getting certified for scuba so his Christmas was smaller than usual this year.  Kent got me some new shoes (he picked them out all by himself!), a pair of earrings and a necklace.  The necklace almost made me cry because it had two parents holding hands with their three children.  It's kind of of like a mother's necklace.  I didn't take a picture of it.  I'll have to eventually to show you what I'm talking about.  I thought it was really sweet of him though.  Anyway, we finally got into bed a little after midnight and waited for the kids to start getting up.  Which didn't take long because Zoey was in our bed by 1:30am.  But I quickly took her back to her bed.  Thankfully we covered their jeep with a blanket.. otherwise she may have seen it.  Anyway, at 6:30am both kids were up and we got them all ready to see their goodies from Santa.  Jon Kent got some play swords, remote controlled helicopter, remote controlled car, some jeans and his Jeep  (which he is afraid of.. or at least afraid to press the gas).  Zoey got a Cinderella doll, some dress up clothes, a doodle pad, some shirts and the jeep as well (Zoey isn't afraid of the gas pedal.. she just can't reach it.. lol).  We are fixing to head over to Kent's parents' house for lunch and exchange gifts with them.  It's raining here (which we are very thankful for!) so we may have to wait to take the Jeep for a test drive.  Maybe the rain will move before lunch time.. for just long enough for us to take the Jeep on a ride.  We'll see.  After lunch it will be nap time and then we are going over to my MawMaw's house to eat supper and spend time with my dad's extended family.  Anyway, I'm sure I'll be back later tonight or tomorrow with more pictures!

No comments: