Saturday, December 15, 2007

Why I don't drink..

Kent's work party was tonight.  He was also named the new president of the employee's club so we felt obligated to go.  Kent's dad works at the same place so him and my mother-in-law went as well.  It was actually pretty amusing.  There was a DJ there and we dance (to the slow songs anyway) and ate.  A bunch of people brought alcohol, which was expected.  I just sat back and waited for them to get drunk and it didn't take long.  The way those people were acting is the reason I don't drink.  I would act stupid after the first sip.  It was getting pretty crazy right before we left.  Thankfully we had a reason to leave... we had babies to get home to.  Anyway, right before we left they were calling out for door prizes.  Kent's parents had just left and handed us their ticket.  So they call out the first number and it was for $50 to Lowe's.  It was Kent's parents' number.  So Kent goes up there to claim their prize.  Well the guy asked Kent to draw another number for the next prize which was a gas grill.  And lo and behold Kent drew his own number.  Talk about looking like the drawings were rigged.. lol.  So we grabbed our prizes and got out of there before the drunk masses realized what just happened.. lol.  Anyway, it was a pretty good time but it does reminds me why I'm a homebody.. lol.

No comments: