Friday, December 21, 2007

Weekend Plans

Tonight starts the Christmas festivities.  The next 4 days I'm sure will fly by.  But it's always such a good time and one that I look forward to.  So, tonight we are having a family gathering with Kent's dad's immediate family.  We all each draw one name and bring that person a gift.  The babies all get bought for as do Granny and Pawpaw.  We usually have snacky type foods.. chili, soups, dips, chips, sandwiches, etc.  The kids get spoiled as usual and this year we have a new baby, Macie, who will be having her first Christmas.  So it's exciting.  Saturday Kent is off and we will probably just stay at home and do odds and ends.  I will probably go grocery shopping and grab last minute items.  Saturday night we are going to bake cookies with the kids and decorate them.  I'm looking forward to starting this as a yearly tradition with them.  Sunday is church, but Kent has to work that morning so he won't be there. =(  But he will be there Sunday night, and will be off for both Christmas Eve and Christmas.  We are having the Lord's Supper Sunday night.  Monday (Christmas Eve) I'll be cleaning and cooking for most of the day.  That night my immediate family (momma, daddy, brother, sister-in-law, nephew) will be coming over to my house to eat and exchange presents.  We will be having snacky type foods that night too.  Then after the kids are in bed Kent and I will probably exchange presents and then get the kids toys put out and together.  Jon Kent is so looking forward to seeing what Santa brought.  He keeps asking if Santa is coming and when.  I'm looking forward to seeing his and Zoey's faces on Christmas morning.  That reminds me, I need to charge the camcorder...  Christmas morning the kids will see their gifts and get to play with them for a bit.  Then we will probably walk up to Kent's parent's house or they walk down to ours to exchange gifts with each other.  The rest of the day will be for laying around and playing with all our new goodies.  Then Christmas evening we will go over to my Mawmaw's house (daddy's side) for Christmas dinner.  And that will wrap up our Christmas events!!  Whew!!  I'm sure over the next couple of days I will be sharing pictures with yall so come back for updates with those!!

No comments: