Saturday, December 1, 2007

Day 2 of Zoey's Birthday weekend

Not much to really report.  Oh wait.. I must have forgotten.. eh..

It's 11:30pm last night and I was dogggggg tired.  I hadn't gotten a full night's sleep in two nights and when I climbed into bed last night at 10:30pm I was already dreaming of my blissful sleep.  Anyway, it's 11:30pm and Zoey is in her room crying.  She never cries from waking up.  So I knew something was up.  I go in to console her and she is pretty much asleep.. I felt her head and she was kind of hot to the touch.  But she was back to sleep so I just let her be.  Sidenote here.. I'm a firm believer that the body raises it's temp to find off germs, viruses, etc.  So with a mild fever I will let it run it's course for a few hours as long as it doesn't go up.  Anyway, I go back to sleep.  1:30am Zoey wakes up again crying.  I go in to her room and she is a little hotter this time.  So I go to get the ear thermometer and take her temp.  It was coming back at 99 but I knew it was higher than that.  I usually have to add a degree or two to the ear thermometer to get a more accurate reading.. (I compared it once to the rectal and the rectal thermometer was higher).  So I give her some Tylenol and she sleeps until 6:15ish this morning.  She was still hot after breakfast so I gave her another dose of Tylenol.  We went out to play and to get some fresh air before nap time.  The kids took a nap and so did I.  Zoey has acted fine all day but if you know her you can tell she just doesn't feel great...  So tonight after her bath she just started shaking and had the chills pretty bad.  She started to whine about it and I hurried to get all her clothes on.  She also got some Motrin before bed.  I'm hoping she wakes up feeling better tomorrow, as it is her actual birthday.  I would hate for her to be sick on her birthday.  None the less, both the kids have doctor appointments Monday morning for their yearly check ups so they will both get the once over and make sure everything is OK.  Zoey did get a birthday brownie tonight with two candles in it.  She liked that and loved the brownie.  I still can't believe my baby girl is going to be two tomorrow...

No comments: