Friday, September 3, 2004

Cleaning, post office, pedicure, and hurricane

                                         

Whew...we've got a lot to talk about!  So, today is FRIDAY which means it's my cleaning day.  I was really trying to get everything *extra* clean, so it would be clean for when we go to the beach.  That way I'll enjoy my vacation and not constantly be thinking of getting home to clean my house.  ANYWAY...I cleaned almost everything.  There are still a few odds and ends to do, but for the most part it's done.

I went to the post office today to mail off a package.  So, I get in there and put my box on the counter and the lady looks at me like, "what is this?"  I started to ask her if she has ever seen a package before, but I told my hormones to shut-up.  Anyway, she goes on to tell me that my package is *unexceptable* because it doesn't have a label on it and it isn't *sealed* properly.  UGH!  It WAS sealed properly AND they put a label on it anyways!  So, I tell her well don't yall put a label on it anyways with the address and what not on it?  And she looks at me like I am stupid.  By this time, I was pretty upset and really just wanted to cry.  So, I just picked my package up and walk out.  I go to Wal-Mart and get another *package* and some tape and tape that thing up to where no one is getting in there and I make sure it has a label and EVERYTHING!  Anyway...my package was finally *excepted* and mailed out.

I went to get a pedicure today.  It was really nice.  I haven't had one in awhile and since we are going to the beach I wanted my toes looking *cute*.  So anyways, I get my toes done and I am sitting there waiting for them to dry.  Kent's moma was there and I was waiting on her to get done as well.  So the guy asks me if I want to get a manicure.  I didn't want to at first but later decided to.  So, he gives me a manicure and in the process tells me to stop biting my nails...likes that's ever going to happen.  But honestly I don't bite them all that much.  Just from time to time.  Anyway, all my nails are now pretty and polished and ready to head to the beach!

                                          

So, it looks like Hurricane Frances has decided to change it's path once again.  At first they were saying that it was going to go through Florida and up into GA.  But NOW they are saying it will go through Florida and up into Alabama.  Which isn't great news because we are heading out Monday to go to Florida.  So we will practically be driving in rain the WHOLE WAY!  But, hopefully it will all be gone from Florida by the time we get there.  Here's hoping anyways!

Well, that is about it for today.  Kent is fixing to be home and we are grilling out.  Yall be good and I'll talk with yall later!

No comments: