Wednesday, September 15, 2004

GO AWAY IVAN!!!!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::This is a hurricane free zone::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Yup, Ivan is on his way.  Winds are expected to get to 60mph.  That wouldn't be so bad, but they are expected to stay that way for ATLEAST 12 hours.  They expect the hurricane to hang around for 24 hours and then move on.  Which stinks!  Everyone is getting ready.  No water at Wally World and hardly any candles.  I got us a weather radio and some batteries.  Hopefully, we will have power for as long as possible.  But Kent's grandfather was telling me that Alabama Power was shutting one of there steam plants down once Ivan really hits.  And guess who's power is on that steam plant....MINE!!!  Kent may also have to work extra hours because of the hurricane.  Which is good money wise but stinks because I will be alone.  Oh well...I guess you have to give a little to get a little.  I have done all the preparing here that I think I can do.  I have washed all our clothes, ironed Kent's uniforms, got the candles out, and cleaned the house.  I guess if my house gets blown away, it will get blown away with clean floors and a clean bathroom...lol.  Anyway, that is all for now.  I plan on taking some pictures as this thing blows through.  Hopefully, I will get those posted soon after the storm is gone...if we have power that is!  So, until later...please keep those of us in Alabama in your prayers!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers for all of your in Ivan's path!

~Dana

Anonymous said...

Stay safe!!

~Heather